Title: Landscape Architect/Project Manager
Reports to: Programs Director
Full Time (Salaried); Exempt
Austin Parks Foundation is seeking a Registered Landscape Architect / Project Manager to support park improvement projects. The ideal candidate will have RLA certification, with solid design skills, 6+ years of experience in landscape architecture, and some project coordination experience.
- Coordinate park improvement projects in coordination with City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department and community members.
- Produce park master plans, schematic design development plans, and construction details.
- Layout/design landscape projects.
- Develop project implementation plans and maintain construction schedules and budgets.
- Develop project cost estimates, status reports, and financial statements.
- Draw plans, diagrams, graphs, maps, etc using drafting tools.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to contractors.
- Review and evaluate contracts with subcontractors and vendors.
- Organize community engagement and design meetings and provide information and reports to partners, city management and community members.
Skills and Knowledge
- Skilled at public speaking/presentation of project materials
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings to attend community meetings
- Graduation from an accredited university with major course work in a field related to Landscape Architecture
- Six years of landscape architecture experience
- Registered Landscape Architect
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
Salary commensurate with experience. APF offers a competitive benefits plan, flexible schedule and an inspiring workplace.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Park Developer. No phone calls please.
Applications due February 15, 2017
Title: Special Events Internship
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Part-Time; College Credit
Under the direction of Austin Parks Foundation’s (APF) Marketing Manager, the intern will assist with various projects associated with our Movies in the Park series, in association with Alamo Drafthouse.
General responsibilities may include
- Assist with the planning and coordination of meetings and events
- Assist in communications around event management including timelines, calendars, reports, diagrams
- Assist with onsite event management (event steward), set-up and break-down
- Assist with special events in-kind sponsorship and food truck in-take process
- Assist in on-site event execution to include set up, break-down and customer engagement at APF booth
- Coordinate food trucks on-site
- Build customer service surveys, analyze results and create post-event report
Intern will gain and/or improve upon his or her:
- General communication skills
- Understanding of inner workings of nonprofit organization
- Understanding and knowledge of executing event
- Partner/sponsor intake procedures
- Logistical support of special events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization
- Understanding of special events and hospitality industry
- General customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal (including phone) and written communication skills
- Basic computer processing skills
- Interest in the non-profit sector
- Interest in special events and/or hospitality industry
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred
- Previous internship experience is preferred
- Preference will be given to college juniors and seniors and those seeking academic credit
This is an unpaid internship; College credit is highly encouraged and available upon school approval.
This is a part-time internship (15 hours per week on average); Aside from the actual movie showings (schedule below) the hours and time commitment are flexible to be set between the supervisor and the internship candidate prior to the start of the internship.
How to Apply
Please click the apply now button below, fill out all relevant fields and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
2017 applications due February 28, 2017