Reports to: Marketing Manager
Non-Exempt, Must be an Austin Resident
Austin Parks Foundation partners with our community to enhance people’s lives by making our public parks, trails and green spaces better through volunteerism, innovative programming, advocacy and financial support.
Austin Parks Foundation (APF) is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented project coordinator to drive execution and assist with APF events, 3rd party event partnerships and to support annual fundraising campaigns.
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for supporting development goals through special events and fundraising campaigns. An emphasis will also be placed on efforts that directly impact, or integrate with, general marketing and public relations outcomes.
The position will require strong organization and impeccable attention to detail. The ideal candidate will thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment, and will be comfortable taking on new responsibilities as they are assigned. Flexibility, enthusiasm, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of staff are also required.
- Serve as event coordinator for APF’s signature fundraising event, Party for the Parks
- Work with event vendor to ensure Party for the Parks is on budget and executed to meet the expectations of the organization
- Track all deadlines for APF special events through Basecamp and ensure internal and external partners are held accountable
- Contact and follow up with in-kind donor prospects for APF special events including silent auction donors
- Recruit volunteers (in partnership with Volunteer Manager and Outreach Coordinator) for various positions at APF special events
- Track RSVPs, and contact sponsors and follow up for guest names
- Inform internal staff and committee members of event milestones
3rd Party Events
- Serve as APF point of contact for 3rd party events such as Dell Technologies Match Play, Cap10K, ACL Music Festival and Trail of Lights
- Assign APF staff and volunteers to various positions during 3rd party events
- Gather and distribute supplies for day-of execution of 3rd party events such as ipads, marketing materials, staff assignments and directions, etc.
- Work closely with APF’s Volunteer Manager to develop timeline and outreach plan for events, ensuring all volunteer requirements are met
- Work closely with APF’s Marketing Manager to build plan for marketing, communications and social media outreach in order to achieve event goals
Fundraising Campaigns & Events
- Serve as APF point of contact for campaigns including Austin Marathon and Give 5%
- Support Development Operations Manager in executing goals for campaigns such as Amplify Austin, End of Year Appeal and Spring Direct Mail appeal
- Recruit and communicate with Peer-to-Peer fundraisers for events like Austin Marathon and Amplify Austin, and ensure revenue goals are attained (in partnership with Development Director and Development Operations Manager.)
- Work closely with APF’s Marketing Manager to build plan for marketing, communications and social media outreach in order to achieve campaign goals
- Serve as APF’s event coordinator for corporate cause marketing events (past examples include: Whole Foods Community Giving Day, Chipotle 25th Anniversary Giveback Day, Outdoor Voices Giveback Night)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated, extraordinary attention to detail, and an internal drive to produce high-quality work
- Highly organized and capable of effectively managing multiple priorities while thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills as well as strong verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 3 years event planning or fundraising experience
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Microsoft Office and general office software and equipment
- Fluency in written and conversational Spanish
- Non-profit experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations – may be required to move event materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- Work environment is typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations – work is done largely in-office, with some exceptions for 3rd party tabling and volunteer events
- Required to work some evenings and weekends
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. APF offers a competitive benefits plan, flexible schedule and an inspiring workplace
Applications due Sept. 22, 2017. No phone calls please.